When to Call the Non-Emergency Line Instead of 9-1-1

Police Chief

Paul Noel
(865) 215-7000

Public Safety Complex
1650 Huron St.
Knoxville, TN 37917

Last item for navigation
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share via Email

Call KPD Non-Emergency Phone Number at 865-215-4010

When to call the non-emergency line instead of 9-1-1:  
• Reporting non-violent crime with no suspect (Examples: theft of property, vehicle burglary) 
• Reporting non-violent crime with suspect, but suspect is not on scene (Example: fraud, vandalism)  
• Panhandling 
• Non-emergency or non-urgent matter in progress (Example: suspicious person)  
• On-going issues or crimes that are not in progress (Examples: graffiti, ongoing drug dealing with suspect not on scene, speeding drivers) 
• Non-emergency order maintenance issue (Example: noise complaint)   
• Property damage crash that is not blocking roadway 
• Suspicious circumstances that might indicate ongoing criminal activity (Example: suspected drug house)