Temporary Traffic Control Permit

Engineering Director

Thomas V. Clabo, P.E.
[email protected]
(865) 215-2148

400 Main St., Suite 475
Knoxville, TN 37902

Last item for navigation
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share via Email
[email protected]

A Temporary Traffic Control Permit must be submitted for the following types of closures:

Total Road Closures 
• Traffic Control and Detour plan stamped by a licensed engineer required
Sidewalk Closures
Greenway Closures
Single Lane Closures 
• Permit required for Arterials, Collectors, and all Downtown Knoxville streets
Major Road Plan 

For any closure on a State Route please contact TDOT.

All traffic control must be in accordance with the Work Zone Traffic Control Policy as well as applicable state and federal laws and regulations.