The following and such other days as the City Council or Mayor may announce shall be holidays for all employees. These days shall be taken without loss of vacation credit, except for those employees required to maintain operations who receive holiday pay for working on such days.
Paid Holidays include:
* New Year's Day, January 1
* Martin Luther King Birthday Third Monday in January
* Good Friday Friday Preceding Easter Sunday
* Memorial Day Last Monday in May
* Independence Day, July 4
* Labor Day First Monday in September
* Thanksgiving Day and observance of Veteran's Day, Fourth Thursday and Friday in November
* Christmas Day December 25
NOTE: Holidays that fall on Sunday shall be observed on the following Monday by those employees working Monday through Friday; holidays that fall on Saturday shall be observed on Friday by those employees.
For more information about paid holidays, please contact Civil Service at 865-215-2106.