Plans Review and Inspections Director

Peter Ahrens
Email Us!
(865) 215-3669

400 Main St., Suite 475
Knoxville, TN 37902

Last item for navigation
  • Share on Facebook
  • Share on Twitter
  • Share via Email
In order to obtain sub-trade permits for properties located within the City of Knoxville, you must first obtain a City trade license.

We have updated our sub-contractor license types, please click on the link below to learn more about these new license types:

City of Knoxville Sub-Contractor License Types [PDF]

Select the appropriate license application package from the list below. Email the completed forms to [email protected]

Use the forms below if you have a full State of Tennessee Contractor trade license:

Electrical Contractor License Application Package
Mechanical Contractor License Application Package
Plumbing Contractor License Application Package

Use the forms below if you DO NOT have a full State of Tennessee Contractor trade license OR if you have a Limited State License:

You must provide proof of a passing exam score for your trade. We accept exam scores from State of Tennessee approved exam providers.

Electrical Installer License Application Package
Mechanical Installer License Application Package
Plumbing Installer License Application Package

Low Voltage Registration Application Package

Use the form below if you need to change the Qualifying Agent (QA) for your company:

Change of Qualifying Agent Form [PDF]

Use the form below if you are the owner of a residential property who needs to construct or renovate a single residence, and associated accessory structures for individual use, and not for sale, lease, rent or other similar purpose:

Unlicensed Contractor Acknowledgement Form [PDF]