Community Development administers a variety of programs geared toward the revitalization of Knoxville's low-to-moderate income neighborhoods. In order for resources to have the greatest impact, the Department targets its programs to strategy areas that are selected periodically.Main Line:
865-215-2962 Disability Services:
865-215-4581 Fair Housing Program:
865-215-2120Neighborhood Strategy Areas:
865-215-2120Solutions to Problem Properties:
865-215-2120January 12, 2016 Public Meeting Presentation (view presentation)Interested in applying for a 2016 Homeless Grant or Community Development Block Grant? Applications are now available under the Community Development Block Grant & Homeless Grant tab.APPLICATION FOR SECTION 108 LOAN GUARANTEE PROGRAM LOAN
The City of Knoxville is applying for a Section 108 Loan Guarantee Program loan for the redevelopment of the Farragut Hotel building. This program was described in the 2015 Consolidated Plan and Annual Action Plan. View the Loan Application
COMMUNITY DEVELOPMENT DEPARTMENT PROVIDES:
* Programs to improve housing opportunities for lower-income homeowners, tenants and home buyers as well as assistance to organizations serving Knoxville's homeless population.
* A Fair Housing Program to promote equal opportunity in housing in Knoxville.
* Activities that identify vacant, blighted or problem properties and seek developers to return them to productive use.
* Support for programs that assist neighborhoods in identifying and solving their own problems
* Support for programs that provide training and employment to lower-income citizens or to assist lower-income citizens in starting small businesses.REVITALIZATION PROJECTS:
* Five Points Commercial Development
* Lonsdale Redevelopment
* Vestal RedevelopmentENERGY STAR:
Energy Star Partner - The City of Knoxville is a proud partner of ENERGY STAR. The Community Development Department's Owner Occupied Housing Rehabilitation Program has built thirteen (13) Energy Star homes and plan on building more Energy Star-certified homes. ENERGY STAR qualified products and practices help you save money and reduce greenhouse gas emissions by meeting strict energy efficiency guidelines set by the U.S. EPA and U.S. DOE. The ENERGY STAR label also designates superior energy performance in homes and buildings. More information is available on the ENERGY STAR website at www.energystar.gov